A delicious Indian chicken dish with peppercorns. Simple and easy to make, this is a dry chicken side dish for rotis, naans or parathas.
Chicken – 500 gms, skinned, chopped
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp, coarsely ground
Black Peppercorns – 1/4 tsp, whole
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, slit
Onion – 1, chopped
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Combine the ginger garlic paste, pepper powder and garam masala powder in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
3. Keep aside for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Fry the green chillies and whole black peppercorns for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
7. Add the marinated chicken pieces and fry for 6 to 8 minutes.
8. Add the coriander powder and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Ensure the chicken is well coated with the masala.
10. Add salt and stir again.
11. Sprinkle a little water and cover the pan with a lid.
12. Cook on low flame for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until chicken is fully cooked.
13. Switch off the flame.
14. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves.
16. Serve with roti, naan or paratha.