King Fish – 2, palm sized slices with the centre bone, each about 600 gms
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Paste – 1/2 tblsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tblsp
Yogurt – 2 tblsp
Refined Flour – 4 tblsp
Beaten Egg – 2 tblsp
Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying
1. Marinate the fish slices in a mixture of salt, turmeric powder, chilli paste and ginger garlic paste for 15 minutes.
2. Mix together yogurt, flour, egg, lime juice and salt to make a smooth batter.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
4. Dip each slice of fish in the batter and shallow fry till golden brown.
5. Cut each slice into 4 pieces.
6. Discard the centre bone and Serve hot.