Bombay Ducks – 8, large, cleaned (800 gms)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Lime Juice – 1/2 tblsp
Egg – 1
Refined Flour – 4 tblsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Remove excess water by placing a heavy weight on the bombay ducks for 20 minutes.
2. Marinate them in a mixture of salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and lime juice for 15 minutes.
3. Beat the egg and mix the flour into it to make a smooth batter.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
5. Dip each bombay duck in the batter and deep fry till golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve hot.