Potatoes – 2 cups, cubed
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 4
Asafoetida Powder – 1/8 tsp
1. Place the potatoes in a small pan.
2. Add just enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
3. Add the turmeric powder and salt.
4. Boil till half-cooked.
5. Drain and place in a small bowl.
6. Add chilli powder and cumin powder and toss gently to coat the potatoes with the seasonings.
7. Put the oil in a pan over medium heat.
8. When the oil is hot add the curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
9. Stir and add the potatoes.
10. Spread the potatoes evenly in the pan.
11. Cook over low heat, tossing occasionally, till golden brown and crisp.
12. Serve warm.