Oil – 2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – 4 to 6
Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
1. Grind the onions, tomatoes, garlic, dried red chillies and salt to a smooth paste without water.
2. Put the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add asafoetida powder, curry leaves, black mustard seeds and urad dal.
4. Fry over medium heat, till mustard seeds splutter and the dal is golden, for about 30 seconds.
5. Pour the ground chutney into the pan.
6. Cook covered over low heat for about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, cool and refrigerate.