Chicken Drumsticks – 4, skinless
Sunflower Oil – 1 tblsp
For the Marinade:
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Plain Yogurt – 1/2 cup, thick
Tandoori Spice – 2 tblsp
Naan Bread – 4 small
Mango Chutney (optional)
1. Pat the chicken with a paper towel.
2. Make three deep cuts in each drumstick and place them in a large, shallow dish.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice over the drumsticks.
4. Put the yogurt and tandoori spices in a bowl then mix together.
5. Spoon the yogurt marinade over the chicken until it is completely covered.
6. Cover the drumsticks with plastic wrap and chill them for at least 1 hour to marinate.
7. After 50 minutes, preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
8. Brush the oil over the bottom of a baking tray.
9. Place the chicken drumsticks on the baking tray and cook them in the oven for 15 minutes.
10. After 15 minutes, turn the chicken over and spoon on any remaining marinade.
11. Cook the drumsticks for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
12. Check that the chicken is cooked through.
13. Serve with mango chutney, warm naan bread, and lettuce.