Potatoes – 500 gms, preferably lemon sized one, boiled, peeled, halved
Gingelly Seeds – 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
Juice of Lemons – 2
Mustard Oil – 4 tbsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 5 to 6, Split
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Coriander – for garnishing, chopped
1. Dry roast the gingelly seeds and cumin seeds in a pan.
2. Grind together with a little water.
3. Mix the potatoes with the above paste, salt and lemon juice.
4. Heat the oil in a pan, add the fenugreek seeds.
5. When it crackles, add the green chillies and cover for a minute.
6. Remove the cover and add the turmeric powder.
7. Pour this over the potatoes. Mix well.
8. Serve cold garnished with green coriander.