Basmati Rice – 2 cups, soaked for 10 minutes
Broccoli – 150gm, cut into small florets
Carrots – 100gm, diced, parboiled
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Cloves – 3
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
Water – 6 cups
1. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves and black peppercorns.
3. When they start crackling, add the carrots, broccoli and salt.
4. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Remove and discard the whole spices and keep the vegetables aside.
6. In a separate pot, bring the water to the boil, add the rice and cook until done.
7. Drain the excess water.
8. Gently mix the cooked vegetables with the rice and serve hot with any curry dish.