Basmati Rice – 300gms, soaked for 30 minutes, drained
Ghee – 1 cup
Garam masala – 10 gms
Saffron – A few strands, soaked in ½ cup warm milk
Cashewnuts – 1/2 cup, fried
Walnuts – 1/2 cup, fried
Almonds – 1/2 cup, fried
Groundnuts – 1/2 cup, fried
Pistachios – 1/2 cup, fried
Raisins – 6 tbsp, fried
Rose Water – 1 tbsp
Onions – 1/2 cup, Fried
1. Heat the ghee in a pan.
2. Add the whole garam masala, saute till they crackle.
3. Add the rice and fry till a pleasing smell emanates.
4. Add water and boil till the rice is 3/4th done. Drain.
5. Mix all the dry fruits together.
6. In a pot, sprinkle some saffron mixture; spread a layer of rice and dry fruits.
7. Then the remaining saffron mixture rose water and fried onions.
8. Seal the pot with aluminum foil.
9. Cook on very low heat for 30 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and serve hot.
How to Make Kandhari Pulao Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kandhari Pulao Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.