Refined Flour – 4 cups, sieved
Salt to Taste
Milk – 1 1/4 cups
Sugar – 2 tsp
Vetiver Essence – 2 drops
Ghee – 1 cup, melted
Saffron – a pinch, dissolved in 1 tbsp milk
White Butter for brushing
1. Heat the milk, add the sugar and stir till it dissolves completely.
2. When cool, add the vetiver essence.
3. Mix the salt with the flour.
4. Add the sweetened milk and knead into soft dough.
5. Cover with a moist cloth and set aside for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the cloth and knead the dough again, with small amounts of ghee, at a time.
7. Divide the dough equally into 12 balls.
8. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
9. Roll out the balls into 8” round discs.
10. Prick all over with a fork. Arrange then on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 350F/180C for 4 minutes.
11. Remove, brush with saffron and bake again for 4 minutes.
12. Serve immediately smeared with white butter.