Raisins – 50 gms
Boiling Water – 4 tblsp
Egg Yolks – 2
Soft Brown Sugar – 50 gms
Plain Chocolate – 50 gms, broken into pieces
Maple Syrup – 3 tblsp
Double Cream – 300 ml, whipped
Wafer Biscuits – to serve
1. Place the raisins in a bowl and add the boiling water.
2. Leave to soak for 15 minutes, then drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale.
4. Combine the chocolate and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of gently simmering water.
5. Leave to cool.
6. Then combine with the egg mixture and fold in the whipped cream.
7. Mix well, then spoon into a freezer container, cover and freeze for 12 hours.
8. Spoon the ice cream into a bowl and beat until smooth.
9. Then fold in the raisins.
10. Return to the rinsed container and freeze until firm.
11. Transfer the ice cream to the fridge 30 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
12. Serve with wafer biscuits.
Chocolate Maple Ice Cream Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Chocolate Maple Ice Cream from Awesome Cuisine.