Rice – 1 1/4 cups
Cream or Butter – 1 1/2 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 50 gms, ground
Water as required
Oil or clarified Butter for frying
1. Clean the rice and soak it in cold water for about an hour.
2. Drain and grind to a coarse paste.
3. Add the cream or butter, milk and molasses and mix thoroughly.
4. Gradually, add water to the rice mixture to get a thin consistency.
5. Put aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Heat the oil/clarified butter in a flat bottomed pan.
7. Place a medium sized steel bowl upside down in the middle of the oil.
8. When the oil is smoking hot, take one ladleful of the batter and pour it slowly all-round the bowl to make a ring.
9. Alternatively, you can use a coconut shell with a hole to pour the batter.
10. Cook till the ring becomes brown in colour.
11. Then turn and cook the other side too.
12. The oil must be very hot and the ring should be turned quickly and removed from the oil as soon as it is done.
13. Make similar rings and cook till all the batter used up.
14. Serve hot or cold.
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Zebre Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.