Gram Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Potato -1, peeled and sliced into rounds
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix all the ingredients (except potato and oil) together in a bowl.
2. Gradually add 1 cup of water to make a smooth, thick batter.
3. Set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Coat the potato slices by dipping them in the batter.
5. Heat oil in a deep kadai.
6. Fry a few slice at a time over medium heat till they are golden brown on both sides.
7. Drain on paper towels.
9. Serve with chutney of choice.
You can also use Onion, Green Plantain or Aubergine instead of Potato.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !