Gram Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Potato -1, peeled and sliced into rounds
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix all the ingredients (except potato and oil) together in a bowl.
2. Gradually add 1 cup of water to make a smooth, thick batter.
3. Set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Coat the potato slices by dipping them in the batter.
5. Heat oil in a deep kadai.
6. Fry a few slice at a time over medium heat till they are golden brown on both sides.
7. Drain on paper towels.
9. Serve with chutney of choice.