Turnips – 500 gms, washed, cut into thick wafer-like slices
Vegetable Oil – 3 tbsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Sugar – a pinch
Salt to taste
Dry Red Chillies – 3, deseeded, halved
Tikki Masala – 1/2 tsp, crushed
Water – 1/2 cup
1. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add the asafoetida, turnips, sugar and salt.
3. Add the dry red chillies and stir well.
4. Cook covered over a high flame for 5 minutes.
5. Lower the flame, stirring often to ensure that the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
6. Add the tikki masala and water.
7. Stir well.
8. Lightly mash the turnips with the back of the ladle, while stirring cook till the mixture is almost dry.
9. Serve hot with rice and plain yoghurt.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !