Chickpeas (Kabuli Channa) – 1 cup, soaked in water for 8 hours or overnight
Paneer – 100 gms
Potato – 1
Tomatoes – 1, large or 2, medium, firm ones
Onion – 1, finely chopped or sliced
Green Chilli – 1
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Lettuce or Cabbage Leaves – few, roughly torn (optional)
Black Olives – few, sliced (optional)
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Chat Masala Powder – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
Juice of 1 small Lemon or 1/2 medium Lemon
1. Drain and rinse the soaked chickpeas.
2. Pressure cook with enough water until 1 or 2 whistles or until soft.
3. Boil the potato, peel the skin and dice it into small cubes.
4. Finely chop the tomatoes and green chillies.
5. Combine the cooked chickpeas, paneer cubes, potatoes, onions, tomatoes and green chillies in a bowl.
6. Add salt, chat masala powder, lemon juice and pepper powder.
7. Toss well until evenly combined.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve at once or keep it in the fridge for an hour or two and serve chilled.