Chickpeas/Kabuli Chana – 1 cup, soaked in water for 8 hours or overnight
Rajma – 1 cup, soaked in water for overnight
Ginger – 2 tsp, grated
Garlic – 2 tsp, grated
Onion – 1 cup, chopped
Tomato – 1 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 2, sliced
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp G
arama Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, julienned
Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Cook the chana and rajma in pressure cooker till soft and set aside.
2. In 2 tblsp hot oil fry onions till pink.
3. Add grated garlic and ginger.
4. Cook for 2 minutes in low heat.
5. Add grated tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
6. Saute over low heat till the oil separates.
7. Make a paste out of the 3/4th of chickpeas and rajma
7. Add the paste and remaining chickpeas and rajma, 1 to 2 cups of water, salt and half of the coriander leaves.
8. Simmer uncovered until the liquid has been absorbed.
9. Add a pinch of garam masala.
10. Sprinkle the remaining garam masala, coriander leaves and shredded ginger.
11. Serve hot.
Chick Pea and Rajma Masala Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Chick Pea and Rajma Masala from Awesome Cuisine.