Chickpeas/Kabuli Chana – 1 cup, soaked in water for 8 hours or overnight
Rajma – 1 cup, soaked in water for overnight
Ginger – 2 tsp, grated
Garlic – 2 tsp, grated
Onion – 1 cup, chopped
Tomato – 1 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 2, sliced
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp G
arama Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, julienned
Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Cook the chana and rajma in pressure cooker till soft and set aside.
2. In 2 tblsp hot oil fry onions till pink.
3. Add grated garlic and ginger.
4. Cook for 2 minutes in low heat.
5. Add grated tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
6. Saute over low heat till the oil separates.
7. Make a paste out of the 3/4th of chickpeas and rajma
7. Add the paste and remaining chickpeas and rajma, 1 to 2 cups of water, salt and half of the coriander leaves.
8. Simmer uncovered until the liquid has been absorbed.
9. Add a pinch of garam masala.
10. Sprinkle the remaining garam masala, coriander leaves and shredded ginger.
11. Serve hot.
Chick Pea and Rajma Masala Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
- 6 Health Benefits of Paneer The best and most common cheese of India, paneer was first used in the Middle East. It was introduced in the Indian Cuisine...
- The Significance Of Carbohydrates Carbohydrates play a significant role in sustaining the metabolism of a human body and enable them to execute their day...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Chick Pea and Rajma Masala Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.