Chickpeas/Kabuli Chana – 1 cup, soaked in water for 8 hours or overnight
Rajma – 1 cup, soaked in water for overnight
Ginger – 2 tsp, grated
Garlic – 2 tsp, grated
Onion – 1 cup, chopped
Tomato – 1 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 2, sliced
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp G
arama Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, julienned
Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Cook the chana and rajma in pressure cooker till soft and set aside.
2. In 2 tblsp hot oil fry onions till pink.
3. Add grated garlic and ginger.
4. Cook for 2 minutes in low heat.
5. Add grated tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
6. Saute over low heat till the oil separates.
7. Make a paste out of the 3/4th of chickpeas and rajma
7. Add the paste and remaining chickpeas and rajma, 1 to 2 cups of water, salt and half of the coriander leaves.
8. Simmer uncovered until the liquid has been absorbed.
9. Add a pinch of garam masala.
10. Sprinkle the remaining garam masala, coriander leaves and shredded ginger.
11. Serve hot.
Chick Pea and Rajma Masala Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Chick Pea and Rajma Masala Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.