Rice – 1/2 cup
Split Green Mung – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Onion – 1, medium size and finely sliced
Tomato – 1, medium size and finely sliced
Garlic Cloves – 2 to 3, finely sliced
Coriander Leaves – 5 to 6 sprigs, chopped
Potato – 1, medium and cubed
Green Chillies – 1 to 2, chopped (optional)
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Wash rice and dal and soak in water for 15 minutes.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy pan over moderate heat.
3. Sprinkle in cumin seeds and when they splutter, add onion, tomato, garlic, coriander leaves, potato and green chillies.
4. Stir till ingredients are well blended.
5. Drain rice and dal and add to pan with salt.
6. Stir well.
7. Mix in 2 cups of water.
8. Cover pan and put a weight on the lid. Steam cook khichdi over moderate-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, till water is absorbed and rice and dal are tender.
9. Remove pan from heat.
10. Leave covered for 5 minutes before serving.
Split Green Mung Khichdi Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Split Green Mung Khichdi Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.