Split Black Gram – 2 1/2 cups
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp, scraped, ground
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, ground
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Soak the split black gram overnight.
2. Next morning rub between your palms to remove the husk.
3. Grind to a paste.
4. Add all the ingredients and whip with your hands till light and fluffy.
5. Heat the oil till it starts smoking.
6. Reduce heat and drop a teaspoonful of the mixture.
7. Fry till brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen towels.
8. Repeat till all the mixture is used up.
9. Serve hot.