Semolina – 1 1/2 cups, sieved
Yoghurt – 1 cup
Water – 3/4 cup
Onions – 2, small, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Green Coriander – 1 tbsp, chopped
Salt to taste
Asafoetida – a pinch
Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Mix the semolina, yoghurt and water together.
2. Keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
3. Add the onions, green chillies, green coriander, salt, asafoetida and a little oil.
4. Mix well.
5. Heat the oil in a kadai.
6. Add spoonfuls of the batter, a few at a time, and deep fry until crisp and brown.
7. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
8. Repeat till all the batter is used up.
9. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !