Lotus Stems – 900gm, washed, chopped
Bengal Gram – 1 cup, split and husked
Chaat Masala – 2 tsp
Green Coriander – 4 tsp, chopped
Garam Masala – 4 tsp
Green Chillies – ½ cup, chopped
Onions – 1/3 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Roasted Gram – 3 tbsp, powdered
Salt to taste
Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Boil the lotus stems in a pan with Bengal gram.
2. Cook till tender and dry.
3. Grind the mixture to a thick paste without using any water.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except oil to the paste.
5. Knead for 5 minutes.
6. Divide the mixture equally into lemon sized balls.
7. Shape each ball into small cutlets and deep-dry in hot oil.
8. Serve hot with mint chutney.