Yoghurt – 2 cups, hung
Roasted Gram – 1/2 cup, powdered
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Clove Powder – 1 tsp
Green Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – a large pinch
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Onions – 1/4 cup, sliced, fried, ground
Milk – 1/4 cup
1. Add the roasted gram, salt and half of all the spices to the hung yoghurt and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions.
3. Flatten each portion to get a smooth even shape.
4. Heat the oil in a pan.
5. Fry the kebabs a few at a time, to a light golden colour. Keep aside.
6. In the same oil, add the salt, garlic paste, ground onions and the remaining half of the spices. 7. Stir fry for a few minutes.
8. Add the kebabs and turn gently till each pieces is coated with the mixture.
9. Pour milk over the kebabs and let the mixture sizzle for 10 seconds.
10. Serve hot.