Whole Red Chillies – 30 gms
Coconut – 4 tsp, fresh and grated
Salt to taste
Tamarind Extract – 1 tblsp
Chana Dal – 2 tblsp
Moong Dal – 2 tblsp
Urad Dal – 2 tblsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 15
1. Dry roast the whole red chillies and coconut for 5 minutes.
2. Keep aside to cool.
3. Grind the above mixture with salt and tamarind extract.
4. Keep aside.
5. Roast the chana dal, moong dal and urad dal till golden brown.
6. When cool, grind to a fine powder.
7. Mix the two powders together with the sugar.
8. Heat the ghee in a pan.
9. Add the curry leaves and the powder mixture.
10. Fry lightly for a minute and then remove from the flame.
11. Cool and store in an airtight jar.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !