Split Black Gram (urad dal) – 2 1/2 cups, soaked for 2 hours
Semolina – 2 cups, soaked for 20 minutes
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
Mixed Pickle – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
1. Drain the split black gram and grind to a fine paste by adding a little water.
2. Drain the semolina and grind with the fenugreek seeds.
3. Mix the two pastes and add enough water to make a batter of dropping consistency.
4. Season with salt.
5. Pour 1 tblsp of the batter in each idli moulds.
6. Put some mixed pickle over it and then top with another tblsp of the batter.
7. Steam for 20 minutes.
8. Serve hot.