Fresh Paneer – 400 gms
Alphonso Mango – 1, big and ripe, cut into thin slices
Cream – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 2/3 cup, powdered
Rock Candy – 1 tbsp, cut
Saffron – 1/2 gm, soaked in rose water
1. Squeeze the water out from the paneer and mash well with your palms.
2. When it becomes soft and fluffy, add cream and sugar, mash well again.
3. Divide the mixture equally into 2 parts. Flatten the parts into 1/4 inch thick squares.
4. Cover the first square with the mango slices and then put the second layer over the mango, covering it completely.
5. With a bread knife, trim the edges neatly.
6. Garnish with saffron and rock candy.
7. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
8. Cut into 1 inch squares and serve.