Mangoes – 250 gms, raw, peeled, grated into thick strands
Sugar – 1 1/3 cups
Saffron – 1 tsp, diluted
Pistachios – 1 1/4 tbsp, blanched and chopped
Almonds – 1 1/4 tbsp, blanched, chopped
Salt – a pinch
1. Squeeze out the excess liquid from the grated mangoes.
2. Add the sugar, mix well and keep aside for 20-25 minutes.
3. When the sugar dissolves completely.
4. Cook the mixture in a pan, on low heat, till the mangoes become soft and the syrup sticky enough to hold together.
5. Remove the pan from the heat.
6. Keep aside to cool.
7. Now add the saffron, pistachios, almonds, and salt.
8. Mix well and serve as an accompaniment with any fried snack.