Lemons – 30
For the Filling:
Pink Rock Salt – 125 gms, powdered
Black Peppercorns – 70 gms, powdered
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp, roasted
Sugar – 1 cup, powdered
1. Squeeze the juice of 5 lemons.
2. Keep aside. Wash and wipe dry the rest of the lemons.
3. Slit each lemon crosswise.
4. They should be joint at the base.
5. For the filling, mix all the ingredients together and fill each lemon with this mixture.
6. Put the stuffed lemons in a glass jar and top with the lemon juice.
7. Keep the jar in the sun for a few days till the lemons become soft.
8. When soft, add the sugar and mix well.
9. Keep in the sun again for 4-5 days.