Green Chillies – 1 kg, long and thick
For the Filling:
Salt – 200 gms
Mustard Seeds – 200 gms, powdered
Turmeric Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Aniseed – 1 1/2 tbsp, coarsely pounded
Onion Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Juice from 5 Lemons
1. Wash and wipe dry the green chillies.
2. Make a vertical slit in the centre of each chilli.
3. For the filling, mix all the spices together.
4. Add the lemon juice and mix well again.
5. Fill each chilli with a generous amount of the mixture.
6. Store the stuffed chillies in an opaque jar and keep in the sun for 4-5 days.
7. Shake the jar twice every day.
8. The chillies will become softer as the days go by but can be consumed as soon as the filling sticks to the chillies.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !