Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) – 4 cups
Ghee – 3 1/2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Bicarbonate of soda – 1/2 tsp
Ghee to dip the batti in before serving
1. Sift the whole wheat flour, rub in 3 tbsp ghee.
2. Add salt, sugar and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Knead with approximately 3/4 cup water into hard dough.
4. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
5. Divide the dough equally into lemon-sized portions.
6. Shape into smooth rounds with your palms and steam for 20 minutes in an electrical steamer or in a pressure cooker (without the whistle).
7. Roast them on a coal fire or in a tandoor till they are well done.
8. Wipe with a clean cloth, dip in got ghee and serve immediately with panchmela dal.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !