Split Green Gram – 1 cup, soaked for 30 minutes, drained
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 3 cups
1. Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker.
2. Add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
3. When he seeds starts spluttering add the split green gram.
4. Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water.
6. Mix well and close the pressure cooker.
7. Cook till 3 whistles.
8. Remove from heat and allow the pressure to release slowly.
9. Mix the green gram mixture with a ladle and serve hot with steamed rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !