Split Green Gram – 1 1/4 cups, soaked for 2 hours
Ginger – 1, finely chopped, 1 inch piece
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, finely chopped
Green Coriander – 4 tbsp, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
1. Drain the green gram and grind to a smooth paste.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except the oil and whip with a ladle for 2-3 minutes to make a semi-thick batter.
3. Heat a griddle, spread 3 tbsp of the batter to make a thin pancake.
4. Add a little oil around the sides. When the underside is done, turn over with the help of a spatula and cook the other side till golden brown.
5. Remove and repeat till all the batter is used up.
6. Serve hot with chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !