Refined Flour (Maida) – 2 1/2 cups
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Mix all the ingredients together except oil and knead into stiff dough.
2. Divide the dough equally into 20-25 portions. Roll each portion out into a flat disc of 2” diameter.
3. Pierce each with a fork.
4. Heat the oil in a kadai: fry the discs, a few at a time, on low heat till brown.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on paper towels.
6. Repeat till all the discs are fried.
7. These can be stored for a week in airtight containers and eaten with any pickle of your choice.