Sugar – 4 cups
Water – 5 cups
Sodium Benzoate – a pinch
Lemon juice – 1 cup
Saffron – 1 tsp, soaked in 2 tbsp water for 1 hour
1. Boil the water and the sugar in a pan, stirring continuously.
2. Cook till the sugar dissolved completely and the syrup is sticky. It should not be too thick or the sugar will set.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add the sodium benzoate and mix well.
5. Keep aside to cool.
6. Add the lemon juice, mix well and then strain the mixture through a thin muslin cloth.
7. Add the soaked saffron, mix well and bottle.