Mangoes – 2, big, raw
Green Coriander Relish – 2 tbsp
Mint Paste – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp, roasted, powdered
Salt to taste
1. Cover the mangoes with enough water and boil in a pressure cooker till very tender.
2. When cool, remove the pulp and discard the seeds.
3. Add 1 litre of water to the pulp and mix well.
4. Strain the mixture through a muslin cloth.
5. Discard the pulp.
6. Add the green coriander paste, mint paste, cumin powder and salt to the strained liquid, mix well. 7. Strain the mixture again, serve chilled.
– 2 tsp sugar can also be added to this drink if you like it sweet and sour.
– Salted boondi can be added just before serving.
– This drink is served in small quantities.