Cooked Chicken – 1/2 cup, chopped
Thick Mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
Parsley – 1/2 tblsp, chopped
Gherkin – 1/2 tblsp, chopped
Spring Onions – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Scones:
Flour – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Egg – 1, beaten
Milk to mix
Makes about 12 small scones
1. Mix all the topping ingredients and season to taste.
2. Keep in a cool place until required.
3. Place the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl, mix in the oil and half the beaten egg.
4. Add some milk and mix well until the batter is smooth and thick.
5. Heat a greased frying pan on low heat, place 6 tsp of the batter on the pan, leaving enough room for the scones to spread.
6. Cook until the scones look puffed up and then gently turn them over to cook on the other side.
7. Allow them to cool completely.
8. Place teaspoonfuls of the topping over the scones.
9. Garnish with parsley and serve cold.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !