Fish Head – 150 gms, cut into even sized pieces
Cabbage – 500 gms, shredded
Turmeric Powder – 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard Oil – 5 tblsp
Onions – 50 gms, chopped
Panch Phoran – 1 tsp
BayLeaf – 1
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
1. Marinate the fish head pieces with half the turmeric powder and salt for 15 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a kadai.
3. Fry the marinated fish till golden brown and cooked.
4. Drain the excess oil and keep aside.
5. In the same oil, saute the onions for 2 minutes.
6. Add the panch phoran, bayleaf and cabbage along with the red chilli powder, the remaining turmeric powder, salt and water.
7. Add the fried fish and cook till the cabbage is done and the water completely absorbed.
8. Serve hot.