Rice flour -2 cups
Water – 3 cups
Salt – 2 tbsp
Oil – to deep fry
Grated fresh coconut – 1 1/2 tbsp
Powder coarsely :
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat water in heavy vessel or deep frying pan.
2. Add salt, a teaspoon of oil and grated fresh coconut to the water.
3. When it starts boiling reduce flame completely and put the flour as a heap in the centre of the water.
4. Insert a laddle and close with a lid.
5. Allow to cook for 7 to 10 minutes in reduced flame.
6. Remove from fire and stir briskly with laddle.
7. When it becomes luke warm add cumin, pepper powder, and knead well like chappathi dough. (If necessary sprinkle little warm water).
8. Knead smoothly using enough oil to handle the dough.
9. Make lemon sized balls.
10. Roll it out into fingers on oiled working surface.
11. Jioin both the ends to form a ring.
12. Make all the dough in the sma emanner.
13. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown and crisp.
14. Serve with coconut chutney or pickle.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !