Beetroot – 1 medium sized
Urad dhal – 3 tsp
Red Chilli – 3
Salt as per taste
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves as required
Urad Dal – 1 tsp, broken
Hing (Asafoetida) – a pinch
1. Peel the skin of the beetroot and grate it.
2. In a kadai add little oil and once it becomes hot add urad dhal and red chillies.
3. Fry till golden brown.
4. Now add the grated beetroot and cook it without adding water (water content of beetroot will be sufficient for it to get cooked).
4. When beetroot is cooked remove it from kadai.
5. Add grated coconut and salt. Grind it.
6. Season it with mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
7. It goes well with rice, dosa and idli.