Idli Rice – 2 cups
Raw Mango – 1, sour and green
Green Chillies – 7
Fresh Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Tofu – 1/2 cup, grated
Potatoes – 2, medium sized
Onions – 2
Salt as required
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 2 pinches
Oil for frying
1. Wash rice and soak it in boiling hot water for 1 hour.
2. Peel and grate mango and potatoes.
3. Immerse grated potatoes in water until required.
4. Cut onions very finely.
5. Grind ginger, green chillies and salt.
6. Add soaked drained rice and grind to a coarse rava batter consistency.
7. Add grated mango, potato, coconut and grind again.
8. Add salt and grated tofu at the end.
9. Mix well and take out from grinder.
10. Heat little oil, add mustard seeds.
11. Allow to crackle and add asafoetida.
12. Pour it over the adai batter.
14. Mix well and pour small thick adai on top on a hot tawa.
15. Add very little oil and fry well on both sides.
16. Serve hot with chutney.