Paneer – 300 gms, cut into 1 inch cubes
Poppy Seeds – 4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, chopped
Oil – 2 tblsp
Onion – 1 1/2 cups, sliced
Butter – 2 tblsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Dal Makhani Masala – 1 tsp
Drained Yogurt – 2 cups
Cornflour – 1 tsp, dissolved in 2 tblsp water
Water – 2 cups
Tomato Strips or Lemon Wedges to garnish
1. Soak the poppy seeds and cumin seeds in 1/2 cup water for 10 minutes.
2. Grind them in a blender, along with the green chillies, to make a paste.
3. Heat 1 tblsp of the oil, add the onions and fry until they brown, remove and grind to a paste.
4. Heat the butter and the remaining oil in a kadai.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute until the colour changes.
6. Stir in the onion paste and poppy seed paste.
7. Season with salt, turmeric and chilli powders, garam masala and dal makhani masala.
8. Add the drained yogurt.
9. Cook for 1 minute then add the cornflour and water.
10. Continue to cook on low heat, stirring, till the gravy thickens.
11. Add the paneer and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
12. Garnish with tomato strips or lemon wedges.
13. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !