Dry Green Peas – 1 cup
Rice Flakes – 1 cup
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece
Red Chillies – 2
Green Chillies – 4
Cabbage – 1 cup, finely cut
Coriander Leaves – 1 small bunch, finely cut
Salt – 2 tsp
Oil for frying
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
1. Soak green peas for 8 hours.
2. Wash rice flakes well and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
3. Grind salt, red chillies, asafoetida in a mixie and then add soaked peas and grind coarsely.
4. Add squeezed rice flakes.
5. Grind once to mix with peas.
6. Grind ginger-green chilli separately and mix with that.
7. Add coriander leaves, cabbage and mix well.
8. Pat like masala vadai and put it in hot oil.
9. Deep fry until crisp, in medium flame.
10. Serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !