Any combination of 7 to 8 Vegetables approx 1/2 kg
Toor Dal – 1 cup
Tamarind – big lemon sized
Sambar Powder – 4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few
Salt to taste
Oil as required
1. Pressure cook toor dal and keep aside.
2. Clean all the vegetables and cut into small pieces.
3. In a big vessel cook the vegetables, with required salt and turmeric powder.
4. Extract tamarind in 2 cups of water.
5. When the vegetables are done, add the tamarind extract and sambar powder and boil well.
6. Add the cooked toor dal and bring to a boil again.
7. Season with the given ingredients.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.