Salted and Dried Mango – 2
Tamarind – medium lemon sized
Rice Flour – 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper – 5
Red Chillies – 4
Jeera – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil as required
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry Leaves – few
1. Fry red chillies, coriander seeds, pepper, jeera.
2. Remove the seeds from the dried mango.
3. Grind the fried ingredients and mango seeds together.
4. Keep aside.
5. Cut the dry mangoes into small pieces and cook in a little water.
6. Extract tamarind in 2 cups of water and boil.
7. Add the mango pieces and mix the ground paste, and if required, salt and boil.
8. Mix in a little rice flour paste for thickness and season.