Butter or Margarine – 1/2 cup
Whipping Cream – 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar – 1 cup packed
Pecans – 3/4 cup coarsely chopped
Cake Mix – 2 1/4 cups
Water – 1 1/4 cups
Vegetable Oil – 1/3 cup
Eggs – 3
Whipping Cream – 1 3/4 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/4 cup
Vanilla – 1/4 tsp
For Garnishing (optional):
1. To make the topping, beat the whipping cream in small bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
2. Blend in 1/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla.
3. Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
4. To make the cake, Preheat the oven to 325F.
5. Grease 2 round cake pans.
6. Combine butter, whipping cream and brown sugar in a small heavy saucepan.
7. Cook over low heat just until butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
8. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
9. Sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
10. Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened, then beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
11. Carefully spoon batter over praline mixture in pans.
12. Bake for 35 minutees or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger.
13. Cool layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
14. Loosen edges and remove to racks to cool completely.
15. To assemble, place 1 layer, praline side up, on cake plate.
16. Spread with half of the topping.
17. Top with the second layer, praline side up.
18. Spread with remaining topping.
20. Garnish as desired.