Water – 6 litres
Refined Flour – 1/2 kg
Sugar – 1 1/2 kg
Milk – 2 litres
Ghee – 250 gms
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashewnut Slivers – 100 gms
1. Using 2 cups of water, knead the flour well to make a soft dough.
2. Reserve 3 cups water and add the rest little at a time to the dough to make thin batter.
3. Strain the batter through a muslin cloth to remove any lumps.
4. Set aside for a few hours and decant clean liquid from the top.
5. Dissolve 1 1/2 kg of sugar in 3 cups of water.
6. Strain and set aside.
7. Mix the batter, sugar syrup and milk together in a heavy vessel.
8. Bring to boil, stirring continuously.
9. As it thickens, add the ghee, stirring all the time.
10. Cook over a low flame till the oil separates.
11. Add 1/2 cup sugar, cardamom powder and half of the cashewnut slivers. Mix well.
12. Transfer to a greased plate and spread evenly.
13. Place the remaining cashewnut slivers on top and garnish.