Fresh Buttermilk – 6 cups (not sour)
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Salt to taste
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Button Onions – 3
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
For the Seasoning:
Refined Vegetable Oil – 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2, halved
1. Mix into the buttermilk, turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt.
2. Grind coconut, chilli powder, button onions and cumin seeds. Add to the buttermilk.
3. Heat the mixture over a low flame, stirring continuously.
4. When the first buttle appears, remove from flame and continue stirring till it cools.
5. Heat oil.
6. Splutter mustard seeds, add fenugreek seeds and red chillies and fry lightly.
7. Cool and add to buttermilk.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !