Bitter Gourd – 1/2 kg
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 6, slit
Coconut Bits – 1/2 cup (optional)
Salt to taste
Refined Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1/2 cup, sliced thin and long
1. Slit open the bitter gourd.
2. Remove the seeds and cut into thin, round slices.
3. Mix with chilli powder, green chillies, coconut bits and salt.
4. Squeeze out the excess water.
5. Heat the oil, fry the sliced onion and keep aside.
6. Add a little more oil if required and fry the bitter gourd along with green chillies and coconut bits.
7. When crisp, drain.
8. Mix the onion with the bitter gourd and serve.