Garlic Cloves – 2
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/5 tsp
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Refined Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2, halved
Curry Leaves – few
Spinach – 3 cups, finely chopped
Green Chili – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. Grind garlic, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coconut coarsely.
2. Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
3. Add red chillies and curry leaves.
4. Add the chopped spinach and green chilli.
5. Sprinkle a little water and salt.
6. Cover the pan.
7. When steam rises, ladle the ground masala into the centre and cover it with spinach.
8. Close the pan and continue cooking till it steams again.
9. Open and stir gently till the water is absorbed.
10. Serve hot.
Tip: Instead of spinach you can also use cabbage, string beans, raw papaya and carrots