Chicken – 1 kg
Chilli Powder – 3 tblsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece, chopped
Garlic – 10 cloves
Button Onions – 10
Aniseed – 1 tblsp
Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Red Food Colouring – 1/4 tsp
Rice Flour – 4 tblsp
Coconut Oil (or any other Cooking Oil) – 1/4 kg
1. Wash and clean the chicken.
2. Cut into large pieces and make gashes in it.
3. Grind chilli powder, ginger, garlic, onions and aniseed into a paste.
4. Add the lime juice and colouring to the ground paste and rub the chicken pieces with it.
5. Keep in a cool place for 4 hours.
6. Sprinkle the rice flour over and fry the chicken pieces in hot oil.
7. The residue of the fried flour should be drained and sprinkled on the chicken pieces.
8. Serve hot.