Rice Flakes – 2 cups
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 8, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, finely chopped
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Crush the rice flakes, soak in water for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Add coconut, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, asafoetida and required salt.
4. Knead well using your hand.
5. Divide into marble sized balls.
6. Flatten into 1/2 inch thick vadas on a plastic sheet.
7. Heat a dosa tawa.
8. Arrange 5 to 6 vadas on the tawa.
9. Pour a little oil around the vadas.
10. Keep covered with a lid on a reduced flame.
11. When the bottom is golden brown, turn over to the other side.
12. Cook till both sides are crisp.
13. Serve hot with chutney.