Keerai Vadai is a popular tea time/evening snack across South India, especially in Tamil Nadu.
Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Maida – 1/2 cup
Rava – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 1, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Keerai (Greens) – few, finely chopped
1. Mix all ingredients, except oil, together in a bowl.
2. Heat oil in a kadai.
3. Add 3 tblsp of hot oil to the flour and blend evenly using your fingertips.
4. Divide flour into small portions.
5. Sprinkle water on one portion to make a stiff dough.
6. Make into large, thin vadas and deep fry in hot oil until crisp and brown.
7. Similarly make vadas from each portion.
8. Serve hot with chutney.